For jazz guitarists & jazz improvisors:
#azjazzlesson #8 #todayIlearned
So I'm trying to learn something new everyday by documenting what I learned from watching a YouTube video. Today I looked for something from Jim Hall & found this duo video with him and Bill Frisell.
Here's what I learned:
1) Play a small motive & alternate with chord stabs to give time to sequence the idea
2) Use space to create the opportunity to sequence and develop motivic ideas
3) Use 4th voicings to make your line sound like it’s going through a harmonizer
4) Build rhythmic single note idea into octave and then double stops
5) Play a single note line and then end in a dissonant double stop.
6) End phrases on a note and then play two more notes on different strings to sustain into a voicing.
7) Use an open string to facilitate position shifts in a phrase
#billfrisell #jimhall #jazzsolo #improvisation #jazzguitar#guitar
If you're interested to learn more in depth, lessons are available worldwide via Skype & in person in Kuala Lumpur.
Register for the 2-month jazz guitar masterclass here:http://www.azsamad.com/jazz
❤ If you liked this post, please Like it or Tweet it! =)