For jazz guitarists & jazz improvisors:
#azjazzlesson #7 #todayIlearned
So I'm trying to learn something new everyday by documenting what I learned from watching a YouTube video. Today I looked for something from Grant Green and watched this rare clip of his solo over a bebop blues progression.
1) Use sequences to create more interest in repeated phrases
2) Rhythm is key. Use upbeats to create forward motion in single note lines
3) Use unexpected chord stabs between rhythmic phrases
4) Then, let the chord stabs take over a solo element. Now, you’re soloing with chords.
5) Mix pentatonic scales runs with more rhythmic lines
6) Mix bebop lines that outline chord changes, blues lines, chordal phrases, rhythmic phrases for variety.
#grantgreen #jazzsolo #improvisation #jazzguitar #guitar
If you're interested to learn more in depth, lessons are available worldwide via Skype & in person in Kuala Lumpur.
Register for the 2-month jazz guitar masterclass here:http://www.azsamad.com/jazz
❤ If you liked this post, please Like it or Tweet it! =)